Today I realized that staying dedicated to this ArtBlog is gonna be a lot more tougher then I first realized. Some people are just naturally busy, and responsible for shit. So of course things get pushed back, stuff get’s forgotten and before you know it. It’s the Next Day. And your ArtBlog has skipped a day and is late another xP
Lets try not to allow that to happen anymore x/
Art #03 / Aug29,2010
Today I choose to finish up a commissioned ConceptART I really need to get done.
- Title: Drake
- Time: 2hr
- Lesson: Artistic Blending (Well thats what I like to call it :D)
- Note: This was just a really fun piece to do. I’m 100% positive the wings are wrong….but I really don’t feel like fixing them x) Still a lot I can finalize, but it would be unnecessary as I’m going to have to re-size it to a much smaller resolution size anyways. :P
Art #02 / Aug28,2010
Today I decided to go with a Copy Art exercise (which is basically finding an image and copying it to the best of my abilities)
This piece I choose to use as my copy art reference is of some Asian Actress, (or I think she’s an asian actress x) ) She was in an Ad of a Beautiful Peoples website. She’s ridiculously adorable in this picture so I wanted so badly to capture that in my copy art.
- Title: My Fail at A Gorgeous Asian Girl
- Time: 2 hrs ( once 2 hrs hit I just…I just stopped..sad -_- )
- Lesson: Sketch a proportioned face first! Make sure image is readable x(
- Note: I realized fairly quickly after starting it that the reference image was way too small a resolution for me to copy it accurately. This made distinguishing small details impossible, and left a lot to my knowledge of what should be where. But with that came small subtle changes, and ultimately the loss in the beauty of why I choose the CopyArt in the first place. I had to re-size and shape her face soo much that it was killing me….so after 2 hrs of what looks like I could have done in 30 mins….I just quit xP Fail